Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Signed divorce decree with understanding judge would see

Customer Question

signed divorce decree with understanding judge would see letter of spousal innocence of tax fraud found out later judge did not get letter it is in my attys desk also not signed by defendents atty who brought forth the answer and i EXPRESSLY DEMANDED her signature my atty knew it didnt tell me she did not sign feel collusion to receive payments without me going to irs now my atty wants additional 150000 and failed to enter any of 15 blatant contempts i need help have RA andMS please direct me is irs only option
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

IRS is the only option here. You have to direct your concerns to IRS at this time. For more information, click on the link below:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where did july 22 1998 come from and the 2009 underpayment of 500 when he claimed 3000? Thank you are you saying irs had already dealt with him at some point in time?

I am sorry, you must be responding to a different post because I have no idea what you are referencing to.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was on link you gave me irs gov i think where did info from that link come from?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous expert had to leave.
If your attorney did not submit the innocent spouse letter and did not properly represent your interests in the matter, then you can seek to sue the attorney for malpractice if that lack of proper representation has caused you to lose money in your case. As far as the innocent spouse letter, you can still get that submitted to the IRS and whether or not your spouse will sign the letter you can still seek protection as an innocent spouse from the IRS.