Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband and I begun a divorce and than decided to work it

Customer Question

My husband and I begun a divorce and than decided to work it out but couldn't afford to stop the officials papers, we signed a new lease and moved back in together, now he left but he wants our kids back , and says the paperwork says they are his, anything I can do to fight this? Texas it's been 7 months almost 8 since anything.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Could you explain a little more?

Is your divorce final?

Who did the Court give custody of the children?

Kindly provide additional information with regard to the papers filed with the Court that your husband is now relying on.

I am sorry, I did not mean to submit this as an answer. I am only making an Information Request at this time.

Thank you for your understanding,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No our divorce in not final, we only went that one time.I went in with no lawyer and was imitated to sign papers, I was told I'd lose my rights completely,I raised them the first 5 years while he lived over the road. He came home last april to work a day job .My husband and I begun a divorce in Sept we only went to court once and had temporary papers. He decided to come back home towards the end of oct, but I was already too far behind all bills. We moved out and signed a new lease together in January, he decided to leave and take the kids with him , abandoning me with all the financial burden once again. He told me I have no right to the kids and paper are still in place. We are in Johnson County , Texas. Please help is there anything I can do, I've been attending counseling and improving my self , I scream and am working on my anger , but that's why he is leaving now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They were temporary orders

Thank you for the information.

You need to go back to the same Court that issued the Temporary Order and ask for modification of the Order so that you can see your kids as your husband has left with your kids without giving you any opportunity to visit with the kids. You can obtain Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. You can use this site to prepare your case:

http://texaslawhelp.org/issues/family-law-and-domestic-violence/custodyvisitation

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anyway to void the paperwork?

You can file Motion seeking to withdraw the divorce petition and for termination of the temporary Order.