Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How can I stop my daughters wedding? She's marrying a guy

Customer Question

How can I stop my daughters wedding? She's marrying a guy she broke up from after he negligently caused their childs death. She brought up charges against him and his hearing isn't for 3 months. He's one of those controlling type people, like a cult leader. His exwife (5yrs) and xgirlfriend (4yrs) agree. he got back into my daughters head again and now they're getting married in two days. He won't let her call us without monitoring her phone. She can't visit anybody she knows without him being there. She hasn't told any of her family or friends that this is happening. All of us family and her friends witnessed things that make us scared for her life, her son's life and his children with his ex-wife. We're grasping at straws now. The only thing I think we can do now is to stealthfully show up at the wedding (courthouse) to voice our opinions when the 'object to this wedding' opportunity arises. If that's legal, I have about 15 or more friends and family that can shop up and try to do this. We believe that my daughters and the three childrens life is in real danger. What can I do if she's brainwashed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 3 months ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am sorry to say but you can not stop her wedding. if she wants to marry this man, she can and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I know this is not what you are hoping to hear but she is free to marry him if she wants. If there is a case pending with the court, the State will prosecute and has the burden of proving the charge against him, beyond a reasonable doubt. When there are children involved, child services can be contacted and a wellness visit can be conduct if there is a basis to believe that the child are at risk or harm.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You can make a phone call request and a professional can accept the call