P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

Alefeld, could you please help me, my civil rights are being

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** could you please help me, my civil rights are being violated by a district attorney in Arizona, he told the judge I can not be a foster parent to my niece nor could she live in the same house as me because I am a child molester. I have never even been charged, or convicted of such a horrible crime, I was falsely accused when my ex-wife and I were going through a joint custody battle for my daughter Cecilia who was 3 years old at the time, she is now 14, after an investigation by CYFD Children's Youth and Family Division. I received joint custody, and I have parental rights. I never ever had to register as a child molester, or as a sex offender, I was on the Madison 1st aid squad in Madison New Jersey, and I was on the District 1 Fire department here in Belen New Mexico. I was a State Employee for the New Mexico Department of Corrections, as a Correctional Officer. I was working at becoming a police officer until I had a car accident, I paralyzed a man and injured two others. I was so depressed that I hurt people in my accident that I became suicidal, I did not even try to defend myself in court, I believed that I deserved life for the accident even though I was prescribed the wrong medication at the time, I was prescribed Trazidon, Well-Butrin, and saraquel. I was over medicated for Bi-Polar disorder. all I take now is my prescription of Depakote. My Civel Rights are being violated because I can not have custody of my niece or live in the same house because a district attorney lied about me to a Arizona Judge in a court of law. I am on disability I receive $441.67 every month, and I receive $94.00 a month from food stamps. I have to pay $220.00 a month in child support, I am currently a full-time student at UNM. Valencia campus where I am studying to become a counselor for alcohol, drugs, substance abuse, gambling, and youth counseling, I am currently on the deans list. Can you please help me somehow clear my name?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand your specific question. What is your question about this? Are you asking if you can sue the DA?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
clear my name

THank you

It is a violation of the civil rights act to deprive a person of their civil rights by using their official position.

IF this DA was aware that you were a good parent, but made the claims, knowing they were false, to deprive you of access to the child? That would be a basis to sue.

You would need to have a local attorney prepare and present this....but if you can prove that the DA lied to keep you from your niece? You can sue to recover

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.