LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

I'm a vet. With very low income and my wife has moved all

Customer Question

Hi , I'm a vet. With very low income and my wife has moved all her things out and changed her phone number but keeps coming back when I go to work in and out of the house going through all my things what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, one cannot exclude the other spouse from the marital home unless the person receives either a restraining order, or if they secure a order for the exclusive use and possession of the family residence. If the other spouse voluntarily moved out, the courts will typically order the exclusive use order.

sample case here

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Look I'm not real smart when it comes to this, but I do have video of her spitting food in my face and making threats to force me to hit her so she can put me in jail

I am sorry to hear that; facts such as that would be the basis for a request for a restraining order, which can result in that person being instructed to remain a certain distance from the individual AND the residence.

Here are the required forms and it explains the procedures.