How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11699
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking at hopefully being able to pursue a malicous

Customer Question

looking at hopefully being able to pursue a malicous prosecution charge .. its actually for my husband and his ex..basically the ex had lied about her income rendering him unable to properly get child support recalculated, dragged court case out for ovetr two years... day care of $808 a month stopped for over two years... long story short .. the two went to intake officer to get temporary adjusted child support amunt and the two agreed to that amount in writing until a final amended child support order was done through the courts
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: virginia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not with regards ***** ***** prosecution
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: then about six months later while still waiting for a court date mother filed a show cause on father for failure to pay full child support, and mother started to fight the recaculation of child support .. in JDR judge dismissed father's motion to recalculate and father appealed it to circuit court to where it was a ruling in his favor
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Before I ask questions about your situation, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in family law situations the law is not in favor of the customer asking he question. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question what they perceive as bad news. It's true, but sometimes it's not in their favor.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?

If so, with what specific question can I assist?

Related Family Law Questions