KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

How do I amend a birth certificate?

Customer Question

How do I amend a birth certificate?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I’m a NY family lawyer and appellate attorney.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me?

What are you looking to change in the birth certificate? If it's a mistake, this can be usually done without a court order. If it's something other than an administrative mistake, you may need a court order for this. It depends on what you need to change. That information will help me with your answer. Thanks!

If you'd rather have a phone call I can do that too. There are a lot of things that need to be amended in a birth certificate, so without knowing what needs to be changed, I can't tell you if you need to send it in to vital statistics or to get a court order, so that's why I'm asking. If you'd rather have a phone call, please let me know. Thanks.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon, tell me what you would like changed in the birth certificate and I will help you.