Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

We have an evidentiary hearing in our child custody case

Customer Question

We have an evidentiary hearing in our child custody case concerning my ex husband forging a negative drug test result.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Oh yes but this is her first case with someone forging drug test results. She is excellent but we are going in blind.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: We subpoenaed the original test result from the lab and he had tested positive for meth with 48755 pg/mg in his hair. We ordered the litigation packet from the lab and are requesting to terminate all visitation.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: What to expect? Will he automatically be charged, arrested, and possibly have his rights terminated? He has lied consistently for 7 1/2 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 months ago.

Hello there -

Has the testing facility and the court already been made aware that he forged the drug test results?