Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I am currently in a dispute over child support. The divorce

Customer Question

I am currently in a dispute over child support. The divorce papers say all 3 of the kids will live with each parent 50/50. My oldest daughter(16) has decided to live with her father full time. How is child support calculated when there are 3 kids, but only 2 are living with me part time
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Child support is calculated for two children living with you and one children living with the father, based on your current incomes. Then, the smaller number is ***** from the larger, and your husband will pay you the difference between those two results. The calculator includes an adjustment to show that the children are not living with you full time.

https://www.azcourts.gov/familylaw/Child-Support-Calculator-Information

It would also be possible for you and your husband to agree that neither of you will pay support to the other, if that seems fair after doing the math.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?