DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

My ex-boyfriend took out a restraining order against me

Customer Question

My ex-boyfriend took out a restraining order against me because I slapped him when I caught him cheating with a married woman. When I appeared in court, the judge had been his personal divorce attorney a few years ago, and my boyfriend had actually took one of the judges children on a trip to Europe. A permanent restraining order was issued for 4 years. Isn't that a conflict of interest that they had a relationship like that? I live in Wisconsin..
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I would absolutely say that is a conflict of interest. Did you request a hearing on the order of protection?

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich