MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

How do I find out if my dad had a will? s wife hasn't told

Customer Question

Hi how do I find out if my dad had a will? His wife hasn't told u, she lives in Australia?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Kellyville ridge, Australia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We not heard any thing from my dad's wife and can not contact her to find out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Typically, your dad would have left a copy of the will with an attorney or in a safe deposit box. There should be a copy of the will that he left with someone in the event he were to pass. His wife should be able to assist you. If not, you will need to speak to friends of his or other people close to him to determine if he had a copy of the will anywhere for you to go off of.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.