Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My son turned 17 s mother and I went to the army recruiters

Customer Question

My son turned 17 his mother and I went to the army recruiters and and four months later our son went off to boot camp in the army. Well the problem I his mother and I were separated at that time and I was paying child support.
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Our son did not stay more than thirty days . Now over eight years later I have problems needing to prove to the state he went in the army.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet but I petioned the court to stop the inforcement with the dmv going to take my lie emcee
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I need to get proof my son was in the millitary as his mother is not helpful and he is a adult. My son unavailable in order to help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need proof my son entered into the army February 2008 for less than two months. Here in n.y. Does that still make him amansipated minor? That should have relieved me of child support corect ?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I need proof my son entered into the army February 2008 for less than two months.

Response 1: You would need to go the recruiting office and make a request for the information or make a Freedom of Information Act Request for the information:

http://www.daig.pentagon.mil/foia.aspx

.

Here in n.y. Does that still make him amansipated minor? That should have relieved me of child support corect ?

Response 2: Yes.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.