FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I was in contempt of child support payments. The judge

Customer Question

I was in contempt of child support payments. The judge ordered me to pay a settlement which I agreed to a single payment. My ex-wife was not present when the judge asked who is the cashiers check made too. Her lawyer said to make it to his trust account. My ex- wife said she never approved that. Am I still obligated by court order to make my sons money go to his trust account? And can he use that money to pay himself 37%?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. Why was she not present? Do you know why she did not want or cares if it was paid to him?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry lost Internet. Her attorney said she does not need to be present. She never agreed to have him tell the court to put it in his trust account. She wants to fire him but I told her I can't answer those questions for you. Can I write the check to her or will I get in trouble

Allow me a moment

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I can reach my ex wife would it be easier to have her call you and I will pay for it?

Thank you. You can and should make the check out to his trust account. The reason for this is because it was court ordered. The Judge asked and entered an order against you which instructed you to pay it to the attorney and that is what needs to be done. Her issues are between her and the attorney. You have nothing to do with it and should do as ordered by the Judge and pay the amount and let the two if them figure it out, since it does not concern you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help, so please just let me know.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.