Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

7 yrs ago my daughters father committed suicide. i told my

Customer Question

7 yrs ago my daughters father committed suicide. i told my sons father i was leaving the state of florida to be with family. at that time he wanted nothing to do with him. when i came here to kansas within a week he filed a motion to have me return our son asap. once we were in florida the judge stated that my ex take my son temporarly til i got another place to live then my son should be returned immediately. once i did within a month. Tim my ex disappeared with my son. he went back to court and stated i didn't want my child. i tried to fight but i didn't have the money he did. ever since i have been fighting to speak and see my son. in meantime my ex has threatened me to stay away or he would charge me with kidnapping. recently my son has visited and told me about the abuse and neglect. my son recently tried to commit suicide. i hired an attorney from florida im in kansas. he told me there is no court order it was dismissed. i will not be returning him to his father. im in process of getting a protection order for my son but i was told it might be denied due to the fact my son hasnt been with me for 6 months . my son is terrified and refuses to even call his father. im lost and scared and dont know what to do.. please help me
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?