Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Teenage Grandson w/autism spectrum & hearing loss wooed

Customer Question

Teenage Grandson w/autism spectrum & hearing loss wooed away from his christian home schooling parents. He had a part time job,was studying for his GED & learning how to drive.Paternal grandparents thought they knew best & interfered.Parents signed all custody over to them since this is what the teenager wanted. The teenager then explored pornography & violent video games to his hearts content with no moral guidance from grandparents & was made to quit his job & sent to public school.He was sent to counseling & put on psychotropic meds that made him even more violent & uncontrollable. He was encouraged to pump iron & work out & put on quite a bit of weight.Now he is in a half way house & CPS has settled out of court with the grandparents for his support.CPS is now attempting to come after the teenager's siblings who are not autistic & have no disabilities.They live in a loving christian home with morals & values.CPS has been relentless.I am the maternal grandmother.A CPS investigator came to my home & threatened my husband when he could not tell him where the family is.This guy threw a fit and yelled that we would regret this.What can we do now?This is completely out of hand & borders on religious persecution.Our state representative has been no help what so ever.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you want to achieve?