Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How complicated and expensive should I expect a divorce in

Customer Question

How complicated and expensive should I expect a divorce in my situation to be?
We were married in 1967 but have separated and not lived together for the past 7 years.
Five years ago she filed for a legal separation asking for unreasonable support but cancelled the motion citing "religious beliefs."
I had already surrendered all ownership in our house, car, rv, and personal possessions to her so there is no property to divide and all our children are in their 40's.
It clear that this marriage is over and I feel for no other reason that general principal that a divorce is in order. She has an uncontrollable temper that eroded away at our marriage, and she still battles regularly with our children, so I know I can't simply approach her with the proposition of a simple divorce.
She and I both currently work in Hospitality with similar incomes.
Should I go ahead and contact an attorney to file for a divorce, or should I just leave it alone until one of us passes on?
I'm 70, she's 68 and we're both in good health.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Tell me...are you in agreement with your "soon to be ex" on who gets what regards ***** ***** stuff you have acquired during the marriage?