Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question about the FL170 in a divorce case

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Sure. What can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** Fl-170 form?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sections 4 and 5, my paperwork has been rejected before because they have claimed checking section 4b and 5c do not match. so my question is why was it rejected?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am literally at my wit's end, and i have no idea what boxes i should check to have these papers not rejected again...
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Sure. So:

4b: Respondent did not file an answer, OR, Respondent and Petitioner (i.e. you) entered into a written agreement.

5c: Respondent and Petitioner have both filed the waiver for FL-140 via FL-144.

So if the action in 5c did not occur (for example FL-144 was not filed), then someone in your situation cannot be checking 5c.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.