Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

DOES AN APPLICATION SAME SEX MARRIAGE LICENSE HAVE TO BE IN

Customer Question

DOES AN APPLICATION FOR A SAME SEX MARRIAGE LICENSE HAVE TO BE IN MY OHIO COUNTY OF RESIDENCE? DOES THE MARRIAGE HAVE TO BE IN SAME OHIO COUNTY OF RESIDENCE?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

If you are getting married in the State of Ohio and are a resident of Ohio you must obtain your license within the county where either applicant resides. The license is valid anywhere in the State of Ohio. If you are not a resident of Ohio, but are getting married in Ohio, you must obtain your license in the county where the ceremony will take place.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the rating bar on your end so I can receive credit for my response.

Best wishes going forward!

Did you have any additional questions?

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks