Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

The court ordered an additional -Ostler child support

Customer Question

The court ordered an additional Smith-Ostler child support payment on bonus income of 12% for my two children a few years ago. Now, one child is 20 years of age. Can I withhold 6% of the bonus income now that my oldest child is over 18 and no longer a high school student? Btw, I reside in California. Thanks.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

Was the child support payment terminated by the court for your oldest child by the court?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, not yet.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
However, child support payments have ceased.

Thank you for your follow up.

Was your child support taken out from you automatically by the state and it has stopped for the older child?