Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Our daughter's son was taken last Thursday. We were told to

Customer Question

Our daughter's son was taken last Thursday. We were told to go to Cps and file a child placement for custody of him. When we went to Cps they told us that there is a new procedure in place. They want so much information from us and us to take classes, have physicals, tb tests it's just riduculous. what can we do to get him in our custody quickly?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, CPS is one of the hardest agencies to deal with because their social workers are highly incompetent, negligent and abusive. I am afraid though that now when they do family placements they do full investigations to make sure the family placement would be in the best interests of the children. Failure to cooperate at any point will just make these incompetent social workers be more against the family placement. So, you must cooperate I am sorry to say or they will put the children into another qualified foster home. They make you go through the same thing any foster family has to go through.