How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116142
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A child that abandoned on the street of Mexico no parents or

Customer Question

A child that abandoned on the street of Mexico no parents or birth certificate how would how I go about it want bring one home with me or ssi card I to try
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, this is a very expensive and difficult proposition. You cannot bring him home with you without going through the Mexican courts first. You are going to need an attorney in Mexico to file a petition for adoption, even though he is abandoned on the streets and nobody knows who he is and has no birth certificate. Mexico does have a division of children's services and they will have to investigate and then the court can issue an adoption order and will order a birth certificate created based on the child's age or approximate age. Once you have done that, then you can bring the child home the US and based on your adoption they can become a citizen as your child.

Related Family Law Questions