CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I was interviewed by CSP after my child had an ER visit. The

Customer Question

I was interviewed by CSP after my child had an ER visit. The interview was conducted with police and CSP. They asked me for medical information and history of the child and mother but in a waiting room of a hospital that was a public setting and others overheard all my answers to there questions. I felt my child and my privacy was violated.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also the findings of the interview were that I was a fit parent. But the DR insisted I get a CT scan for my 5 mo old baby girl. Later I found out he (the dr) was looking for shaken baby syn. Of course the scan was negative but he put my baby through a CT scan at 5 months. She is now at a higher risk for tumor and cancer.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been contacted by some of the witness in the waiting room. They told me how sorry they were for me that I had to go through that and that it was unprofessional on the CSP and police.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry to read that this happened to you.

You can file complaint against the Police with the Chief of Police and the CPS with the Director of the CPS for the way that you were treated.

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry I was looking for legal advice. I know how to file a complaint! I don't need to spend 35$ to have someone tell me common knowledge???? Not trying to be rude lets just refocus here. Are there any legal issues here.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today. Your prior expert opted out, this sometimes happens.

I am very sorry to learn of the above situation and your experience.

In reviewing your post above, and your specific question (you are trying to identify specifically if we can see a claim based on what you have posted here), I do not believe that there is any such claim.

There is no general right to privacy (this is commonly misunderstood and there are many who feel that a right to privacy has been violated when none existed in the first place, so this is a common question we receive here).

While it may have been more professional or appropriate to have questioned you in private, there are other issues which may have been associated with doing so (if you had been taken to a room with a police officer, and questioned there, it raises an issue as to whether or not you were under arrest at the time of questioning).

I am not trying to tell you that what occurred in the manner that it happened was optimal, or ideal, nor can I tell you that there would have been a better way to deal with the situation. But I do not see a cause of action based only on what you have posted.

The expert above did provide you with information on how to file a complaint against the CPS worker and Police officer - you can also file a general complaint (with these departments and the hospital, simply asking that they handle similar situations differently in the future - asking that they take your experience and use it to improve their procedures so that other parents/families do not have the same additional trauma, while still understanding that these professionals must investigate circumstances where trauma to minors (including infants) often indicates abuse - and catching this abuse early can prevent future fatal injuries in abusive households (so investigations will continue, but you can ask that they look into changing their pattern to better manage the impact of these investigations on those families where abuse is not at issue).

Also, please keep in mind, this is only a "Q&A" forum, we only have the information posted here, and we can only provide "general legal information" we cannot substitute for a formal legal opinion by a local attorney with access to all of the information of your specific case, and the advantage of doing additional legal research and information outside the scope of our forum. If you wish to pursue such a formal opinion, you will want to retain a local attorney, for a matter such as this a civil litigation attorney or general practice attorney with at least some experience in civil rights would be appropriate (look for attorneys that have experience in what we call 42 USC 1983 claims (it is a Federal Statute that permits suing individual government employees - I am not saying that this is the kind of claim you have (although it may apply), but this is the kind of attorney that you would need).