Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in Maine and I want to know if I can take my ex back

Customer Question

I live in Maine and I want to know if I can take my ex back to court for giving me a sexual disease? Plus would like to know if I can take him back to court for funds as he manipulated me out of half of what we owned because he said we would getting counseling but lied as he was seeing another woman. I do not want to get even I just want whats fair. He has not even given me the $2795.00 plus tools that he owes me
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good evening Stella,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Were you infected during your marriage or at some other time?

2. How long ago did you contract the disease?

3. Do you have evidence to show that it was your husband/ex who transmitted the disease to you?

4. By "ex" do you mean an ex-spouse or perhaps an ex-significant other?

5. Do you know whether your ex knew that they were infected with the STD at the time he transmitted the disease to you?

6. What expenses have you incurred as a result of the need to treat your disease?

7. Did a court order that he must give you back the tools or was that a private agreement that he would return your tools?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would love to talk but the only phone is my cell and it's just about dead. Would we be able to continue this tomorrow
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I call you tomorrow
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good evening Stella,

Of course, I will be happy to call you tomorrow. All you need to do is accept my call offer and then provide you with your number.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug