mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.

What college should I go to

Customer Question

What college should I go to
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 3 months ago.
Good Morning,I will try to best answer your question.The question that you posed as a very personal one. The answer will depend on many of your personal preferences and your personal aspirations / goals. I will try to highlight major considerations that I would utilize including educational area, finances and whether you are also considering any graduate degrees after collegeThe first and primary consideration I would look at is finances. Your goal should be to attempt to keep your student loan debt as low as possible. It may seem like the payment of those debts are far off in the future, but they will be here before you know it. Keeping your student loan debt as low as possible keeps open your abilities to choose what you like to do verses what you have to do for your employment. I'm sure you would rather make a decision based off of what you love to do rather than how much you have to earn in order to pay back your student loan and support yourself. This could be the difference between doing what you love and doing what you hate because you have to pay the bills.If you plan on obtaining a graduate degree like a Masters or a doctorate and a specific field this is even more important. I'd also advise you that if you're going to pursue a graduate degree try to do your undergraduate college degree as inexpensively as possible. Employers or future clientele will be less interested in where you went to undergraduate college if you attend a graduate program. They will be interested what graduate degree you obtained.I would highly recommend also utilizing community colleges for your first two years and then transfer it over to a college of your choice. Unless you going to be going to an Ivy League school completing your undergrad degree should be we done as cheaply as possible.
Today you hear on the news much about student loan debt and whether or not it is worthwhile to go to college. This is a business decision and an education decision. Statistically people with college degrees have much higher earning capacities than people with high school diplomas. Hence I still think it is very valuable to attend college but you should definitely make sure that you would agree that you are pursuing is one for which you will be able to obtain employment at the end of the process. The day and age of taking very general college courses for things like English literature, basket weaving, or interpretive studies are over.I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck and selecting your college.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 3 months ago.
Would you please review my response so I will be credited.