Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and I were separated 10months last year. About

Customer Question

My husband and I were separated 10months last year. About 6-8wks prior to his return i was raped by a stranger.When he came back, it was that time period I realized I was pregnant. He asked me to keep the baby,not adopt out, and tell everyone including our children it was our baby. Now we are again seperated,his choice, and he claims he has no responsibility to the baby almost due. Will the court find him legally responsible, and can I list him on the birth certificate, we are still legally 100% married.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you report the rape to the police?

Are you absolutely sure that the baby is not biologically your husband?