Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Ok so my wife moved to the U.S. With her boyfriend. We were

Customer Question

Ok so my wife moved to the U.S. With her boyfriend. We were living in the Domincan Republic where she filed for divorce. She left with my son without my permission. My wife and I are both residents of Florida. She is now pregnant by her boyfriend and wants to stay in the U.S. How long can he stay in the U.S.? He is advertising for work but I believe this is illegal. I want my son back is all. Help please
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He can stay for 90 days without a resident visa on his visitor visa. He cannot work without some form of work visa and if he does he is violating the US immigration law. If he is caught working or overstaying his tourist visa, he will be deported and will be barred from entry into the US for up to 10 years.