LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

If i have to go overseas while do i lose my visitation right

Customer Question

if i have to go overseas for a while do i lose my visitation right s if i leave for two months
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Oren,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Absolutely not, you will not lose your court ordered visitation rights simply because you go overseas for a couple of months. Now if you went for a year or two then that would allow the other parent to seek additional custodial time from the court because of your prolonged absence---but a couple of months will not interfere with your scheduled custody/visitation order.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? I am not compensated until you rate me.

Thanks in advance,