Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My 19 year old daughters Parol Officer encouraged my husband

Customer Question

My 19 year old daughters Parol Officer encouraged my husband and I to seek permanent custody of our 3year old grandson. He had lived with us since he was born, we have supported him, he calls us mom and dad, he calls our sons brothers, we take him to all medical appts because the dr knows us, and when our daughter is gone for days And comes back drunk and high we are concerned for his safety! She is now threatening to take him when the birth father gets out of prison next month. We need to know how to proceed?? Thank you!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you know where your daughter is at this time? Do you still have the child?