CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My brothers ex girlfriend stoled my expired drivers license

Customer Question

My brothers ex girlfriend stoled my expired drivers license and stoled some of my clothing shoes etc... And put it in a storage unit under my name somewhere in van nuys California and for the life of me I can't find the damn place
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you today.

I would recommend two things:

1. File a police report with your local law enforcement department (contact their non-emergency number and ask to file a report).
  2. Hire a process server or private investigator (your county bar association can provide referrals), they can run what is called a "skip trace" on you (you need them to do this on yourself because that is how you are going to locate that storage facility that this person likely took out using your identity). If that doesn't turn anything up, you can ask them to do a "skip trace" on her.