Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can a person whose is joined to a divorce due to a POA of

Customer Question

Can a person whose is joined to a divorce due to a POA for one of the divorcing parties be arrested if they live in another state?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to help you with your question. Could you clarify a bit more for me please.

Expert:  Taylor replied 5 months ago.

What exactly are you worried about being arrested for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was joined to my child's divorce, because I accepted POA to help out. He is in jail right. The judge said I had until July of this year to start sending spousal support. In the meantime I paid off bills with the money he got from Soc Sec and the VA. The judge later said he meant to say January. Well, by that time the money was used. Then to make matters worse, the bank that the money was being sent to put a reclamation on all the funds and now no one has access to any of the money. I am 77 years old and taking care of a disabled spouse with brain injuries. I am suffering from extremely high blood pressure and foot problems. I can't just up and leave my spouse for a week, plus we are living on a fixed disability income. Every time I travel, I have to travel with my daughter. It is very expensive, I have to buy two round trip air tickets, car rental, food and a place to stay. I've put myself in debt. The judge insists I be present even if he cancels session and rebooks at a later date. So, can he have the law come to PA and lock me up? He's in AZ.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For not being in court when he ordered me to be there.
Expert:  Taylor replied 5 months ago.

I am unable to help you with this as it is a bit more complex than i realized. I will opt out so another attorney can help you! best of luck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's almost midnight here on the east coast and I have to be at work early tomorrow. I'll check back tomorrow for new attorney. Thank you.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, different expert here.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

If you would, enter your questions and we'll go over them tomorrow morning.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

Are you still expecting an Answer from someone at Just Answer?