Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been paying child support years. My son graduated

Customer Question

I have been paying child support for two years. My son graduated from high school on June 3, 2016 and he turned 18 on September 21, 2016. The divorce decree required me to pay child support until he turned 18 and graduated from high school. What do I need to do to ensure that the automatic child support payments will be discontinued? I printed out a request for the termination of child support (Texas) forms and filled them out and sent them to the district court where the divorce decree was signed by the district judge. I called the clerk for the judge and she asked if there was a place for the judge to sign on the forms that I mailed in. There isn't a place for the judge to sign. The forms that I sent in to terminate child support have been file stamped and received by the district court. Is this all that I need to do? Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. Did the clerk realize that your son has yet to turn 18?

Hi, are you still with me?