originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.

I've just gone through a process where my brothers made some

Customer Question

I've just gone through a process where my brothers made some totally untrue statements about my character in a Trust related lawsuit. The way they phrased the statements was through innuendo. I want to put them on notice that should they repeat those allegations in any way that they should be expecting legal actions in reply. My question: I intend to state my complete denial of their claims in a carefully worded letter, to be sent by registered mail to each of them, signature required. Will that do what I intend? Or should I do something else?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 3 months ago.

Yes, if you are wanting them to cease making defamatory and false statements about you, a letter warning them of your intention to take action if they keep defaming you is sufficient.