LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

My ex wants to change the parenting plan she signed in April

Customer Question

My ex wants to change the parenting plan she signed in April 2015 -- she is not going thru the dispute resolution stablished in the plan. She wants to use summons notice about petition to change parenting plan.
what are my rights and what I can do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, what you will want to do is file a Response to the Petition for Modification, point out that the present Parenting Plan requires each party to participate in dispute resolution, and attach an exhibit to the Response which included the stipulation in the Parenting Plan mandating alternative dispute resolution. The court will then order the matter to mediation and take the court hearing off calendar.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,