Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was married islamically on october 1993,we have had three

Customer Question

i was married islamically on october 1993,we have had three children of this marraige.Moved to the states 3.5 years ago remarried for legal papers ,found out today that back then he was still in the process of his american divorce which ended in 1995.Now that i asked for divorce after 23 years ,he asked to null our marraige ,is this possible?My lawyer says it is possible !all of this to get out of alimiony?what can i do ?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i live in florida
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Response: No, it is not possible. Your remarriage 3.5 years ago makes your marriage to him legal. However, any alimony would be determined from 3.5 years when you legally married him as your marriage in 1993 was void from its beginning because of the previous marriage that was not dissolved until 1995.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.