RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Can I find m in contempt of court. I have proof it's clearly

Customer Question

Can I find him in contempt of court. I have proof it's clearly stated in final divorce papers signed and certified by judge.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You can motion for contempt if the other party has not complied with the court orders.The court can jail him, fine him , including legal fees and costs, and other sanctions.This sounds like you have clear violations and can seek contempt here in Family Court.You have great facts since there is a clear violation.

You can motion yourself pro se or have local lawyer do it and seek legal fees at the hearing.You have a real good chance to prevail since he clearly violated the court orders.

I appreciate the chance to help and I hope you will consider a return to court on a motion for contempt.