Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

How can i find out if a custody order is still active

Customer Question

How can i find out if a custody order is still active online.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What county and state are you in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Butte county ca

Thank you.

Start with this site to see if you can find anything about your case. As long as there isn't a MORE recent court order, or something showing a modification, the original custody order remains in effect.

If that site doesn't have it, then call the courthouse directly and ask the court to tell you the date of the most recent court order. You can go in and get a copy or see if they'll send it to you. But they should also be able to tell you if there were any modifications granted after the original order.

Pease rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. There is no additional cost to you as a subscription customer, but it is the only way experts get paid for their time. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.