Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in the home with my mother and 2 daughters. She had

Customer Question

I live in the home with my mother and 2 daughters. She had brain aneurisms almost a month ago she has not been able to make any descions. My younger brother who has never lived with us served me with temp guardianship papers I was served 20 minutes before court was to begin. I have a 5 year old mind you. So he was appointed temp guardian over my mom and her estate which she inherited. Her bank accounts and her truck she just bought and is being financed. I have lived here since I was 13. I am paying all the bills and his father who has been divorced from my mom for over 16 years now is the master mind. My bro wouldnt even know how to go about this. He's never lived with us and currently resides 2 hours away. My mom is no longer in the hospital which no one even would tell me where she is. It's either a rehab or nursing home. His father brought me a 3 day eviction paper not notarized or signed by a judge can he evict me and my daughter of our home and I am paying bills with my own money. They are threatening to have things cut off. Help me please
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon Lindsey,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state are you in?

2. What does the eviction paper state?

3. They are threatening to have what cut off?

Doug

Thanks in advance,

Doug