FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Statue of limatations on back child support in Arizona

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. Arizona law provides no statute of limitation on child support arrears. Once a court orders a parent to pay child support, and that parent does not pay child support, there is no statute of limitation on collection of the resulting arrears. Similarly, judgments for child support arrears do not expire in Arizona.

However, if a court does not enter an order for child support and the custodial parent seeks child support several years after the child’s birth, Arizona law provides that the court may enter judgment for past child support, but only for the last three years.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know. Thanks!