Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Left wife 6 years ago. I filled out paper to file, She had

Customer Question

Left wife 6 years ago. I filled out paper to file
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: She had attorney look at. Said not right. For 1200. He could redo. There are no children, no assets, no disagreements. How can I go around her signature?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to file myself. But attorney convinced her to spend money. One reason we are divorcing. She let's other people convince her to spend money.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.