RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My child lives in Nashville,TN and looking to do

Customer Question

My child lives in Nashville,TN and looking to do emancipation and child is already 18yrs. Of age..is he automatically emancipated? And I have already filled out emancipation forms to have him emancipated he doesn't live with his mother so what rights does he have as well?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you.

At 18, a child is considered a legal adult; when you speak of emancipation it refers to petitioning the court to give adult status to a minor. In terms of child support (if that is an issue) Tennessee law states that support ends at 18, or when a child graduates high school, whichever is later.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars,as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating.Thank you!

Was there any additional information I could provide you about your question?