Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I have sent death cert and no money what should I they tell

Customer Question

I have sent death cert and no money what should I Don they tell me it's under review
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

This is what I posted in your other question thread...

Ok, if she had no beneficiary listed, then the money would typically go to her estate and someone would have to file a probate case to settle her estate. Then if she had no will, her parents, you and the ex, would split her estate evenly.

However, some insurance companies state in their policies that if there is no named beneficiary that there is a predetermined beneficiary like parents or a spouse.

So I would suggest contacting the insurer directly and asking them what their policy is....does the money go directly to the parents or does it go to daughter's estate and they will be able to tell you.