Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

After been married years does the intitilment change and

Customer Question

After been married for 3 years does the intitilment change and allow the wife have more excess to her husband's asserts .The marriage is stable but there are 3 adult children and there is a trust which the children are in.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. Entitlement to assets that are protected by a trust wouldn't be affected by the length of the marriage. Similarly, assets that are protected by some other means - such as a prenuptial agreement - would be governed by that agreement. The length of the marriage really wouldn't play a role - meaning if the spouse doesn't have access to particular assets at day one, there really wouldn't be any reason to expect that they'll have access at year one or your ten. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.