RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

The judge has given temporary guardianship of my son to s

Customer Question

The judge has given temporary guardianship of my son to his aunt. I pay child support. I want and have always wanted Parental Rights but couldn't find his mother to have APR papers served. So I haven't seen my son in almost 2 1/2 years. He doesn't know me. So even though I don't consent to the guardianship. In the best interest of the child the judge granted temp. Guardianship. And sounds like it will become permenant after 60 days... Asked to see him numerous times. With no response. How do I get my APR through the courts so I don't loose him... So I can have Parenting time, decision making ect.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Your best bet here is to contact the court and get copy of her application and file your own here.As a parent you have priority. You can pretty much copy her application and modify it to your name and submit it here.

The court has not given her permanent guardianship to allow you a chance to make your own application.You would need to then appear at scheduled hearing and make your claim for guardianship.

You ought to at least get court ordered visitation if not guardianship.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Here is the application form, you just get court and case number ***** the papers you were served.Sign it and file it here with court asap.