Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I am required to pay alimony. I owe back alimony currently.

Customer Question

I am required to pay alimony. I owe back alimony currently. What is the best way to make payments to my former spouse so that I can have proof I paid every month that is past due?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you make the payments by personal check. That will serve as your receipt that the payment or payments are made.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you are making one lump sum on the back payments you can also write a letter stating what the check is for and mail it all certified with a return receipt requested to show she received the letter explanation for the check.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have a personal checking account, then get a Cashier's Check or certified check from the bank and mail that with the letter stating what it is for.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.