Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

Is it legal to Marry your stepdaughter in the state of

Customer Question

Is it legal to Marry your stepdaughter in the state of Florida
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. Assuming the stepdaugther is of legal age to marry and this isn't a situation where they have been legally adopted by the person wanting to marry them (which would not be a stepdaughter situation), there is no law that would make the marriage illegal.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 22nd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.