Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My sister recently passed away and I found out her life

Customer Question

My sister recently passed away and I found out her life insurance policies, which don't even total $10,000, the beneficiary is the Estate. There are no other assets. What do I do?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Just sent an email to my lawyer but would like to do this myself if possible. I really don't have the money. I have already paid for the funeral plus several other bills
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can.

However, I can't really answer your question "what do I do" because it is so vague. I'm unclear about what legal information you are seeking. If you could clarify your question, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.