Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We just closed our case with cps a little over a month ago.I

Customer Question

We just closed our case with cps a little over a month ago.I told my worker that my father in law will try to do anything to try and take my kids and he did. He took 2 of my kids in the middle of the night and then called cps saying were on drugs. I have passed every test ever given and it's getting out of hand.my 12 year old didn't want to go with them and stayed and he told us that my 18 year old daughter told him we were on Krystal meth and other drugs. He told her we were not we were sad cause my grandma just passed and then my 18 year old left Because she wanted complete freedom. She just moved in with my in laws about 4 days ago and has been missing for over a week.I even have a text saying my father in law is do I g this just to scare us to go to meetings. All I want is my kids back.what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) You only mention one who is 12, and one who is 18. Is there a third child, or that is it?

2) Who has the 12 year old now?

3) Who has formal custody from the court for the children?

4) Is there a custody battle going on before the court right now, or not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.