Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Child support arrears and moving to a different state, I am

Customer Question

Child support arrears and moving to a different state
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am from West Virginia and what seem to be a reality show I didn't find out about a child until two here's after they were born
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The person she thought was the father wanted to adopt him and with not being able to have a connection and the circumstances it was a hard decision but the best one I thought and he was adopted in 2005, I have been moved to Virginia in the year 2001 I got married and have four children of my own
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Since my situation has changed I'm single and employed in the year 2000 now I am married with four children so the circumstances have changed but since I'm only paying careers the state of Virginia is not allowing me to make a different payment they are demanding I make the same payment I did 16 years ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please clarify your question for us, it is a bit hard to understand from what you typed above?