How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115449
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I didn't realize the divorce forms I filled out using

Customer Question

Hello, I didn't realize the divorce forms I filled out using complete case would be auto generated. I am actually kind of upset that no one actually reviews or corrects them, because I could have saved myself $300 and filled them out myself. Is there any way I can get actual assistance with filling them out? They look terrible. I copied and pasted addendums my husband had sent to me via email, that he said had to be included as close to word for word as possible for him to not contest anything. I have no idea where to add these. I have a whole list that he gave me and I'm just completely confused and unsure of where they would go. Is there some way someone can inform me of where to put these? I wasn't sure where to put them when answering questions using this website either, so I copied and pasted the information in areas I thought it was relevant, but again it looks awful. Thank you in advance for any help. If someone can help I can email the information. All I need is for it to be inserted into the paperwork. I have zero experience with legal paperwork and do not want to mess it up.
Thank you,
Aspen LaPierre
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that if you are having an issue with the work they did on your forms, you are not the first if you look at reviews. However, from what we have seen and heard, if people call them and complain they will modify the forms for you. The problem is that we cannot draft forms for anyone through this site, including inserting clauses in your forms, that is against the law and rules of this site. You would need to get the original company to do it OR you would have to retype the whole complaint for divorce yourself using the format you have from the company and insert the clauses.
Now, if you need to know where in your document the clauses need to go, we can assist telling you that, but depending on how many there are and the time it will take, that can incur an additional charge for premium service from this site.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually, yes, knowing where to insert the clauses is all I think I would need. I will probably have to start over completely, but I believe I can do that. How much more would it be exactly? There are approximately 15.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
15 would take a bit of time, but I will send you an offer if you like from the site. Before that, you may want to try calling the company and explaining it to them and ask them to fix the document because you paid them already and should not have to pay someone else.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay I will do that first, thank you. You can still send the offer in case I need it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
I mean I do not want to see you spend more money unnecessarily if you can get the company to fix what you need.
If they cannot do what you need, then I will send the offer so it does not get lost.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, thank you. I also hope I do not have to pay more. My divorce should be really simple and easy, and for not having any shared assets or children, and being married only a year and a half, it has not been.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, generally something like that should be simple. For future reference, using a local attorney for something that simple should not cost you more than $1000 or so and sometimes saving a few hundred bucks to go through what you are going through now is not worth it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello again, would you mind emailing me that quote we discussed? If you like I can copy and paste those "clauses" my husband had drawn up so you can see exactly what I need inserted into the correct places in the paperwork, so that you can give me a more accurate quote.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I will do so.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Before I accept, and I would like to, can I change my payment information? I would like to use a credit card instead of continuing to use my debit card.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to arrange that with customer service at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Also, know that I will be traveling across country for a client matter tomorrow, so my responses may be delayed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay is there an email I can send the clauses to? So that you can tell me where to put them in the paperwork? Im going to accept the offer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All of this just needs to be included in my paperwork and I do not know where to put it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I received the marital settlement agreement how much more does he want in there? Once you accept the offer, then I can send you an email address where you can communicate.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does that seem doable then? Before I accept the offer? You're going to suggest where to put the clauses?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
I will.

Related Family Law Questions