originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.

My husband left the home three weeks ago we have a 3 year

Customer Question

My husband left the home three weeks ago we have a 3 year old an 8 year old and he as a 20 year old daughter on summer break in the home. The house and cars and all utilities are in his name. He refuses to have any contact with me. What should I do. I only have a part time job we are married for 11 years
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: fl
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He has been the sole provider. He left all of his clothing in our home.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 4 months ago.

You need to immediately sit down with a family lawyer and begin talking about the divorce process. He can be ordered to maintain the bills/home and also pay child support and possibly spousal support, but none of this can happen without a Judge ordering it. If you can't afford a lawyer, see if you can get an appointment with Legal Aid, who can give you free legal help. If you're near a law school, they also often have free clinics. Do not wait to do this.